Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tuesday - Wednesday: Transportation & Food

Tuesday: Transportation.

This was a day to make note of how much I rely on my vehicle for transportation.  Coincidentally, my Toyota Corolla is in the mechanic's shop, so I was forced to stay true to the challenge.  I bought a road bike even though my town is not bicycle-friendly.  There were many times throughout the day that I wanted to get in my car and leave the house for things like reading at the Hastings Hardback Cafe, visiting a friend who lives miles away, or going to the grocery store.  Unfortunately, I did not find a pressing reason to make me brave the cold weather and traffic on my bicycle that day.

I plan to use my bicycle more often, however, as soon as possible.  I bought her off a friend, she is an 80's-something model road bike.

Isn't she beautiful?

Wednesday: Food 


I ordered from my local community market, it is an online farmers market, a nice modern, convenient FM that allows me to order in advance and pick up my goods on Thursdays.  On the menu this week: butternut squash, sweet potatoes and bloomsdale spinach.  Yummmmm!

Do any of you frequent a local farmers market or have thoughts about alternative transportation?  Post them here!


No comments:

Post a Comment