Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!


This cartoon is a little pessimistic, which isn't exactly my style- but I couldn't help but laugh.  Especially after seeing my results on the Earth Day Network's ecological footprint calculator.

If everyone lived like me, it would take the resources of 5 1/2 Earths to support us!  Unbelievable.

So this Earth Day, I want to celebrate by making a positive change in my life.  A choice to live a little bit more sustainably.  Over time, the small choices will snowball into a fantastically ecologically friendly lifestyle! I haven't decided yet what the change will be.  Perhaps not eating animal products before 3:00 pm... or pledging to always buy products with the least amount of excess packaging.  Carpooling? Biking more? Not complaining when I have to wash baggies?

Let's Brainstorm.

What changes will you make this Earth Day?

~Be the change you wish to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment